（2）米克诺斯岛两晚： Pension Alexandra，此酒店离港口大概800米，老板会开车来港口接送，花费260欧（1950元）。这是本次旅行最不值的一个酒店，因为价格非常贵，但设施很一般，但米岛上面这个时段的酒店全都贵得离谱，我定的这个酒店居然算是最便宜之一了……我后来又查了下价格，九月份他们家的房价就下跌了近三分之一，所以贵还是因为八月是旅行高峰期！（我的银行卡在哭泣）
重点推荐一家无意间发现的餐厅Chef and the dog，在Lycabettus山脚：
Vioma Organic Farm & Vineyard——这是我前面提到的有机农场酒庄。有当地人种的葡萄地，还有一头看起来蠢萌蠢萌的驴。西方人应该会很喜欢这里，因为有很多五花八门的橄榄和芝士。我太吃不惯了！而且我也不喝酒，所以我在这里只吃了点西红柿和黄瓜，（大哭！）然后饿得不行后面回镇中心唯一一家名叫“好好吃”的中国餐厅（对中国人来说推荐程度打5颗星吧哈哈）买了一碗米粉风卷残云般吃完了！
米克诺斯岛排名第一的Compass Mykonos. 风景实在太美了，正对着海。海鲜味道也不错！虽然价格不便宜，但真的值得来吃一餐！
Karafa Tavern: 在我住的酒店旁边，超级好吃，价格也实惠！同样面对着海滩，服务员很可爱！
注意：有一家餐厅叫The Good Heart，在圣托里尼岛南部，TripAdvicer上排名很高，但是超级不好吃，大家千万别去！
Travelers：Chris and I
Travel Time：August 26th to September 2nd
Exchange rate: 1 British Pound = 8.7RMB, 1 Euro = 7.5RMB, and all costs are noted for two people.
Plane Tickets: We booked a month and a half in advance, although later the cost of the tickets went down so you could book your tickets later.
(1) Birmingham to Athens round trip, with a layover in Zurich, 5 hours flight time, Swiss Air, spent 488.86 pounds (4253RMB). The plane was comfortable and the food was good!
(2) Santorini to Athens, 50 minute flight time, Olympic Air, spent 150.60 euros (1129.5RMB). These flights often have delays, the island airport is often broken, dirty, crowded, and short on seats. Some people have to sit on the ground.
Ferry ticket: Remember to book you ticket a day in advance and pick them up at the PIRAEUS terminal, otherwise your wait in the queue will make you want to die.
(1) Athens to Mykonos, sailed for 4 hours, BlueStarFerries, cost 73 euros (547.5RMB). The boat was very comfortable, and made you feel very high up!
(2) Mykonos to Santorini, sailed for 2 hours and 40 minutes, Hellenic Seaways, cost 124 euros (930RMB). The ship was relatively fast and high class, the scenery was beautiful and you can use Wifi!
Accommodation: Blood, sweat, tears...a financial lesson learned...people should not come to Greece during the summer, it is very expensive and there's no room if you book last minute! I should have listened to my friends and gone in April, their hotel was half the cost of mine, and I assume it'd be even cheaper in the winter.
(1) Two nights in Athens: Ariston Hotel, cost 92 euros (690RMB). Because we were only in Athens for a short time we valued convenient public transportation and stayed in a hotel next to a metro stop. This hotel isn't ??, I don't recommend it.
(2) Two nights in Mykonos: Pension Alexandra, the hotel is only 800 meters from from the port, and the hotel will send a car to pick you up, cost 260 euros (1950RMB). This was the most expensive hotel of the trip, and the facilities were only average, but every hotel on the island was ridiculously expensive during this time of year—this was actually the cheapest option! I checked and prices dropped by a third in September, so August is definitely the most expensive time to be there. My bank card is crying.
(3) Three nights in Santorini: Artemis Village, this hotel is very close to the airport, and they also have a pick up service, cost 262 euros (1965RMB). This hotel is awesome, I gave it 10 stars on the site I booking site. It has a pool, large room, a view of the ocean, a great manager, a cute cat...everything was great!
Other Transportation Costs:
(1) Taxis in Athens: We arrived at midnight, and took a taxi from the airport to the hotel which cost 58 euros (435RMB, my heart nearly stopped, later I found out taxis charge double the price at night!). The hotel wasn't far from the city center so after the first night we good the metro, since the metro runs 24/7 in Athens!
(2) Athens 24-hour metro subway card, 4 euros (30RMB) per person.
On average two people spent at least 100 euros (750RMB) a day on food, food is definitely not cheap in Greece, and a dinner is usually around thirty or forty euros.
According to Chris and my calculations of the entire trip, between euros and pounds we spent a total of 2,500 pounds (21,750RMB).
Useful Travel Sites:
One piece of advice: You can download the TripAdvisor app which has an offline version that has maps with restaurants and attractions listed.
Travel Time：Arrived on August 26th at 3AM, spent one full day there and left on the third day.
Tourist Destinations：Acropolis Museum (Recommendation: 2 stars) and Lycabettus Mountain (5 stars)
We went to the Acropolis Museum because...it was hot and the tickets were cheap, only 5 euro a person (20RMB), haha. The site of the Acropolis has been under constant construction and repair, so there was construction, coupled with hot weather, so we chose to go to the museum to look around. If we wanted to we could always go visit the Acropolis afterwards, if we didn't think it was that interesting then we could just not go! After the tour of the museum all I could think was...air conditioning is really comfortable! Ha! The museum also had a library and Wifi so partners could visit at their leisure. However, in general I don't really recommend going there.
I recommend Lycabettus Mountain over any other place in Athens! It's easy to remember how to get there if you use the TripAdvisor app or Google's offline map option. It's a long, steep climb to the top of the mountain so by the time we got there I was exhausted! The scenery was beautiful though, and there was an incredible sunset. At the peak of the mountain there is a blue and white church that people use for weddings, and except for the fact there were a lot of people everything was beautiful.
There are many restaurants around the Acropolis, and the waiters will stand in front of them trying to get customers. We chose one that was ranked 30th, it was just okay, but TripAdvisor said it was about the same as the other restaurants in the area, so if you're really hungry you can really pick any of them.
重点推荐一家无意间发现的餐厅Chef and the dog，在Lycabettus山脚：
One recommendation I do want to make is that you eat at Chef and the dog, at the food of Lycabettus Mountain:
At first I thought it was a restaurant that served dog, but then I realized that dog meant hot dogs...and they were super delicious! And cheap! You really have to try it!
(1) Mykonos Island
Travel Time: Two days.
Tourist Destinations：Mykonons's main area for fun is the small town center (I'd give it 4 stars), we also had a motorcycle to find a few beaches (5 stars) and farms (2 stars).
Mykonos is a small town with maze-like roads, blue and white buildings, and a very fresh vibe. It's super cute.
The ocean in Mykonos is prettier than in Santorini, you really should rent a car to go visit the beaches!
Vioma Organic Farm & Vineyard—This is the organic farm winery I mentioned earlier. It has locally grown grapes, and..? Westerners will really like it here because there are many different kinds of olives and cheeses. I'm still not used to it! Plus, I don't drink alcohol, so I only really ate cucumber and tomatoes (so sad!). Afterwards. still hungry, we went back to the town center, there was only one good Chinese restaurant (which for Chinese people I would rank at 5 stars! haha) where I downed a bowl of rice noodles.
Mykonos is home to the very famous Compass Mykonos. The scenery is beautiful, and it opens to the ocean for incredible views. The seafood is also good! Although it's not cheap, it's still worth a meal!
Travel Time：Four days
Destinations：Fira Town Center (3 stars) Oia Town (3 stars), Red Beach (3 stars), Lighthouse (0 stars) Volcanos and Hot Springs (1 star).
Why did I give Santorini such low scores? Because I had set my expectations too high. Chinese people's impression of Santorini is that it's very romantic, but when I went the reality didn't meet my expectations. It was very windy while I was there and the wind picked up a lot of sand, I think the dust storms in Northern China probably aren't as bad...if you spend five minutes outside in the south of Santorini you'll be completely covered in sand.
That being said, Santorini is relatively cheap, and basically everything was cheaper there than the first two stops.
Fira Ferrara Santorini had the most going on, it was actually a little chaotic and packed. It felt a little bit like a Chinese town center.
This sunset was in a beautiful cliff-side town, Oia, about a half hour away from Fira on a four-wheel ATV. It looks like the cliff is covered in homes, but they're actually mostly hotels or hostels. Hotels have actually taken over most of the best locations, and it's very hard for people not staying there to find a good view! If you're not particular about it you can watch the sunset from the side of the road. It's beautiful, but you'll have to accept that it's going to be crowded so you'll be enjoying it with others!
Red Beach is also nice, the ocean there is beautiful：
The lighthouse could not be less interesting, don't bother going. There is also a boat to see the volcanic island and hot springs, but unless you want to be bored I don't recommend it.
MAMAS: Everyone who comes to Santorini is sure to tell you that you should eat here. Located in the center of Fira, the scenery is nothing special but the food is fantastic and not too expensive. The appetizers and entrées are all delicious, and you have to try the strawberry coffee, it's so good.
Karafa Tavern: This was next to our hotel, delicious, and affordable! It faces the water, and our waiter was super cute!
We ate at a lovely restaurant in Oia, but I can't remember the name...sorry guys! It was on the side of a cliff and the food was great. Anyway, remember that for many places you need to call in advance to make a reservation if you want to watch the sunset, otherwise they're already full!
Note: There is a restaurant called The Good Heart that is ranked really highly on TripAdvisor, we didn't eat there but maybe you can try it out!